BARCELONA – In just three years, Mexico has become an important market for Volkswagen AG's Spanish subsidiary SEAT SA, in tone even more than in volume. Mexico, for instance, is one of the two best markets in the world for the 225-hp Leon Cupra R. The other is the U.K. "In Mexico, we are positioned where we want to be in Europe," says Thomas Schultz, a SEAT marketing executive. "We sold 25,000 cars there last year, and they were all sporty versions." Leon Cupra R is considered ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Spells Success for SEAT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642