PARIS – MG Rover and Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton), two weak car companies with ambition, sign a letter of intent "to explore the feasibility of a number of potential collaborative projects." U.K.-based Rover badly needs a partner to help develop a replacement for its 9-year-old small car, the Rover 25. Malaysia-based Proton badly needs to learn how to compete outside its home market, where a wall of tariff protection cannot stand much longer. Earlier this month, Proton ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MG Rover, Proton Exploratory Deal Could Result in New Small Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642