GENEVA --An all-new V-12 of illustrious heritage powers the new Maybach super-limousine, built by a company nominally revived by DaimlerChrysler AG after 60 years. An 18-ft. (5.5-m) behemoth, DC’s upcoming top-luxury model outranks the auto maker’s entire Mercedes-Benz AG range. Although Mercedes already has a 5.8L SOHC V-12 in production for the CL and S-Class cars, the Maybach engine has nothing in common with it (see related story: Maybach Looks Back to the Future). The breakthrough ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mighty Maybach V-12 Out Ranks Mercedes Best" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642