TORGIANO, Italy – It’s a European institution as foreign to American culture as the siesta in Spain and Boxing Day in the U.K. Meet the minicar, which “super-size me” Americans likely would associate more closely with a go-kart than an adult automobile. But the segment is huge in Europe – and most everywhere else. Minicar sales totaled about 1.2 million units in Europe in 2004, Hardy Spranger, executive in charge-Chevrolet Europe, tells Ward’s during a test drive here of the Chevrolet ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mini Matiz Means Big Business" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642