MUMBAI, India -- Car-like minivans and multipurpose vehicles (MPVs) are redefining the Indian car market. And none too soon. Cars are used in India not only as family vehicles but also for ferrying relatives and guests. Yet 7-seat minivans have taken a long time to emerge here. Maruti Udyog Ltd.’s Versa compact minivan, for example, is comfortable, spacious and powerful. It has flexible space and seating. Versa stands in stark contrast to Maruti’s efforts 15 years ago, when it converted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Minivans Redefine Indian Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642