Mitsubishi Motors Corp. Chairman Takashi Sonobe has died at the age of 62. Sonobe reportedly passed away Oct. 28 at a Tokyo hospital from heart failure. He joined Mitsubishi’s automotive arm in 1970 from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and went on to direct Mitsubishi Motors Corp.’s Southeast Asian and North American units. In June 2000, Sonobe became a company board member and director, rising to president and CEO in November 2000, following the recall scandal in Japan that led to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Chairman Sonobe Dies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642