Mitsubishi Motors Corp. unveils the details of a ¥450 billion ($4 billion) bailout plan that the company’s newly installed Chairman Yoichiro Okazaki calls “our last chance at survival as an auto maker.” The 3-year “MMC DNA” turnaround plan – which sees the company back in the black by next year – hinges on a 17% scale-back in global capacity including the closure of a plant in Japan; massive cuts to both the white- and blue-collar workforce and the eventual reduction of platforms by more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi to Cut Production as Part of Latest Turnaround Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642