Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc. says it will take steps to reduce output at its Normal, IL, assembly plant to better align production with weaker demand. Plans call for the auto maker to reduce headcount at the facility by 1,200 beginning in October, shrinking employment levels to 1,900 workers. The Normal plant builds the Mitsubishi Galant, Eclipse and Eclipse Spyder passenger cars, as well as the Endeavor SUV. It also is under contract with Chrysler to build the Chrysler Sebring ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Cuts Jobs at Normal Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642