Mitsubishi Motors Corp. reportedly will drop the Galant and Diamante sedans from its Japanese lineup. Mitsubishi will stop building the models for Japan at its Okazaki plant in Aichi prefecture by the end of the year, reports The Wall Street Journal. Production of the Galant for export will continue “for the time being,” a spokesman tells the newspaper. Some 85% of Galants built last year in Japan were exported. The Diamante is not exported. The decision to drop the models doesn't ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Dropping Galant, Diamante in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642