SAN DIEGO – Never mind the bombastic Lancer Evolution and the bread-and-butter Galant. The Eclipse sport coupe – just 19,361 sales in the U.S. last year – is the car most Americans associate with the name Mitsubishi. It is ironic that embattled Mitsubishi Motor Corp.'s future in the U.S. may hinge, at least in part, on how well its North American sales unit can generate an image boost from this low-volume niche-player in a specialty segment losing its luster. All-new '06 Eclipse more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Image Rests on Eclipse Sheet Metal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642