TOKYO – Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has tied a new knot with its former partner, DaimlerChrysler AG, agreeing to supply a version of its new 64-hp minicar engine to the Smart Fortwo successor due in 2007. Smart will get naturally aspirated and turbocharged versions of the 3-cyl. engine, says a Smart spokeswoman. Replacement for Smart Fortwo to get MMC engine. Mitsubishi introduced the 0.66L engine at the Tokyo Motor Show in the production version of its 4-passenger minicar called the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi to Supply Engine for Next Smart Fortwo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642