TOKYO — Top executives say Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is on track to meet its restructuring objectives by 2004, including a 20% reduction in domestic production capacity, a 15% cut in component purchases and similar 15% downsizing of its workforce through the elimination of 9,500 jobs, mostly in Japan. MMC is expected to post a record net loss of nearly US$2.2 billion when fiscal-2000 business results are announced this month. In a recent press meeting, Chief Executive Takashi Sonobe and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi on target, executives say" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642