FRANKFURT — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is emphasizing its gasoline direct-injection (GDI) engine technology in its approach to producing a hybrid vehicle. The company unveiled the concept Smart Utility Wagon (SUW) Advance at the recent Frankfurt auto show. The SUW uses a 1.5L GDI engine already in production but combines it with a small integral motor-generator and lithium-ion battery. Mitsubishi's SUW Advance would challenge the Toyota Prius and Honda Insight. The car gets 3.6L/100 km (65 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi uses GDI for future hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642