TURIN — Ford Motor Co. is proud that its new Mondeo took just 24-months from styling freeze to Job One, and rightly so. Officially, computers are credited with taking a staggering 13 months out of the development process. But that diverts attention from the real story. In reality, the Mondeo was designed twice, by two different sets of designers. Computers aside, it's a story of how senior design management took off its Armani jackets, picked up the crayons and sweated like never before to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mondeo redesign is double the effort in half the time" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642