Hoping to answer the call made by General Motors Corp. Chief Executive Officer Rick Wagoner earlier in the day, the American Iron and Steel Institute last Monday (May 14) announced two more initiatives aimed at developing lighter weight steel applications. The projects will concentrate on front-end structures and closure panels. Steel manufacturers hope the projects — building on others that have been released since 1998 — will help steel regain applications that have been converted by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"More UltraLight Steel Projects" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642