With one of the strongest production schedules for March on record, North American manufacturers are on track to build slightly above plan for the month, at 102% of the slate. Individually, cars are on tap for a 101% overbuild, while trucks — including medium- and heavy-duty makes — are at 103% (see data p.7). The estimates for the month also mean January-March 1999 output will be the first quarter ever — except during World War II — that truck production outstripped cars. Manufacturers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"N. A. Makers to Surpass March Plan; First Time Truck Quarterly Output Tops Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642