Navistar International Corp. says it will be eliminating 250 jobs at its Springfield, OH, plant on top of the already 800 announced jobs cuts at Springfield, 650 at another nearby facility and 600 at an Indianapolis engine plant. A company spokesman tells Reuters production of medium-duty truck and bus chassis will fall from 162 a day now to 143 in January, when the cuts will occur. Slowing market demand will leave Springfield with 1,750 workers after the January cuts.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Navistar Cutting 250 Workers in Ohio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642