Volkswagen AG has driven its leadership position in fuel efficiency and environmental gains another major step forward with the launch of the unique Audi aluminum-bodied A2 4-door, which achieves city/highway fuel economy of 65/87 mpg (3.6L/100 km to 2.7L/100 km) and 79 mpg (3L/100 km) combined. Introduction of the new A2, available in June with the ultra-efficient 1.2L 3-cyl. turbodiesel used in the smaller VW Lupo (see WEVTU — Aug. 15, '00, p.5) coincides with release of a 3-volume ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New 79-MPG Audi sets efficiency standard" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642