Beijing Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. will build three new vehicles at its recently opened Plant 2 on the outskirts of Beijing, Ward’s learns. Pilot production of the Elantra HDC, a Chinese-specific derivative of the ’08 Elantra, has begun at the 13.9 million-sq.-ft. (1.3 million-sq.-m) plant. The vehicle was shown as a concept car at the Guangzhou auto show in November. “HDC is a project name, as we have not yet selected a name for this vehicle,” a company spokesman tells Ward’s. “Mass ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Beijing Hyundai Plant to Produce Three Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642