Toyota Motor Corp. unveils its new Corolla XRS at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Assn. (SEMA) show in Las Vegas. The XRS features a newly tuned version of Toyota’s 2ZZ dual-overhead-cam engine and 6-speed manual transmission, currently available in the Celica GT-S and Corolla Matrix XRS. There is also a sport-tuned suspension and steering improvements, says Toyota. The Corolla XRS’s 1.8L DOHC 4-cyl. makes 170 hp and 172 lb.-ft. (233 Nm) of torque. It goes on sale May 1, with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Corolla XRS Debuts at SEMA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642