LONDON – The first internationally approved crash-test dummy for side-impact collisions has been launched, paving the way for more accurate testing and enabling auto makers to produce standardized results worldwide, industry organizations say. There have been a series of side-impact dummies (SIDs), such as U.S. SID and Euro SID-1 and 2, but WorldSID is the first to be designed for use by all manufacturers around the world, says the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Crash-Test Dummy Aimed at World Harmony" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642