Hybrid-electric vehicles ease emissions-related headaches for auto makers, but they also create new ones for vehicle engineers. That’s because even when HEVs are running under electric power only, the fuel systems of their internal-combustion engines still can generate smog-causing gasoline vapors, which can account for as much as 20% of a vehicle’s total hydrocarbon emissions. With HEVs, plug-in HEVs and extended-range electric vehicles becoming more popular, coping with the fuel-system ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Eaton Fuel Valve Addresses Hybrid-Emissions Headache" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642