DEARBORN, MI – Expect the’11 Ford Explorer to have similar tow capabilities to that of the outgoing model, even though the latest version is based on a unibody platform. The new Explorer, due out later this year, is shouldered by the same Volvo-derived D-segment platform as the Ford Taurus fullsize sedan. Up to now, body-on-frame SUVs performed better off road and had greater towing capabilities than car-based cross/utility vehicles. But those days are over, says Ali Jammoul, Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Ford Explorer Goes Tow-to-Tow With Outgoing Model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642