Don't take sales numbers at face value, says Dennis E. Clements, newly installed group vice president and general manager of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A.'s Lexus Div. Compared to like-'99, year-to-date sales are down markedly for all of Lexus' passenger cars — despite a growing luxury market. But Mr. Clements says those who focus on the numbers don't understand the Lexus customer commitment — or the division's present strategy. “Those sales numbers really don't mean anything when you've got ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Lexus Boss: Brand Before Volume" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642