WEST SUSSEX, U.K. – BMW AG executives aren’t talking much about the upcoming new M5 model, but it appears the high-performance version of the new 5-Series sedan will be powered by a 5L V-10 engine. Upcoming BMW M5 is based on the new 5-Series sedan (above). Some stories circulating have been putting the engine at 5.5L in displacement, but Adolf Prommesberger, who runs the M operations for BMW, puts the controversy to rest. "At M we talk about Fives with this engine: 5L, 500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New M5 to Get 5L V-10" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642