Jacques Nasser was a stickler for detail. Yet during his nearly three years as president and CEO of the Ford Motor Co., Ford faced one disaster after another, with a ruinous impact on its image: Glitch-filled new-vehicle launches, a galaxy of recalls, the infamous Firestone/Explorer tire debacle, and poor results in customer initial quality surveys. To paraphrase a Ford advertising boast, “Quality is Job 1” has become “Quality, What’s That?” Nasser is now gone, forced out in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New North American Chief Sees Jaguar-like Turnaround" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642