NEW YORK, NY — General Electric Plastics reveals here the development of a new thermoplastic it has innocently code-named W4. But W4's unique properties show the potential to save automakers hundreds of millions by eliminating the need to paint vehicles. Its applications include vehicle exteriors, truck tonneau covers, and bodywork for boats, garden and farm equipment. GE claims the high-gloss W4 provides long-term weatherability and better surface hardness than other weatherable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New plastic may be answer to makers' dreams" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642