BOOTHBAY HARBOR, Maine — Subaru of America Inc. engineers and product planners asked parent company Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. for more than ten years for a 6-cyl. engine for its mainstream sedans. But apart from a 3.3L horizontally opposed unit for the ill-fated SVX sports coupe, the request went unheeded. But the U.S. unit finally has its wish: for the '01 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 and L.L. Bean models, the company enjoys an all-new 3L “boxer” opposed 6-cyl. engine that should keep Subaru's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Subaru H-6 was a long time coming" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642