Brake technology has come full circle with word that New Tech Brake's “full-contact” disc brake system will be standard equipment on the '02 Saleen S7 supercar. Using two ring-shaped pads, the electronically controlled system distributes pressure over the rotor's full 360-degree surface. Compared to conventional braking systems, Saleen Inc. president Steve Saleen says New Tech's full-contact protocol reduces braking distance by 20%. New Tech describes its product as IBS (Intelligent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New tech provides stopping power for Saleen S7" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642