Renault SA will introduce a new 2.2L common-rail turbodiesel engine in September using variable geometry turbocharging. The 2.2 cDi 16v engine, known as G9T inside Renault, will appear first in the Renault Espace minivan and the Master commercial van. The engine replaces the 2.2L dT, which powers 70% of the Espace models sold in France. Eric Gounet, deputy director of the G9 engine program, says 95% of the parts in the new engine are different. Mr. Gounet says nearly 100 engineers were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New turbodiesel, 24-month cycles for Renault" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642