TROY, MI – General Motors Corp.’s OnStar subsidiary will begin rolling out its next-generation telematics technology this spring with some ’04 midsize and fullsize trucks. GM’s OnStar will roll out its sixth-generation technology this year. It is OnStar’s sixth upgrade since the technology debuted on Cadillacs in 1996. “That’s really unprecedented in the auto industry,” Walt Dorfstatter, OnStar chief engineer, says during a press conference at OnStar’s headquarters here. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Next-Generation OnStar Debuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642