The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. launches an investigation into reported fires in General Motors Corp.’s ’95-’97-model Chevrolet Cavalier and Pontiac Sunfire small sedans and coupes and ’98-model Chevrolet C/K pickup trucks. NHTSA has received 18 reports of fires in Cavalier and Sunfire steering columns. Of those 18, 10 occurred while the ignition was off. Two people were injured in the 18 incidents. Six fires were reported by C/K owners, but those occurred in the driver’s side ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Investigates Cavalier and Sunfire, C/K Pickups" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642