Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. becomes the latest tire manufacturer to come under scrutiny by the federal government, just three months after the recall of 6.5 million Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. tires. The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. has opened a preliminary investigation into 21 million Goodyear heavy-duty “Load Range E” tires for light trucks that have been linked to 15 deaths and 129 injuries. At least three of the reported deaths, NHTSA says, occurred in Saudi Arabia. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Looks at Goodyear Tire Performance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642