China’s Baoshan Iron and Steel Company Ltd. (Baosteel) and the Tokyo-based Nippon Steel Corp. sign a letter of intent to begin joint development. The two steel powerhouses plan to jointly develop a cold-rolled strip mill, which now is under construction to produce 1,800-mm (71-in.) cold-rolled steel. The mill is expected to cost RMB6.5 billion ($785 million). Baosteel will hold a 50% share while the rest will be held by foreign partners. Nippon Steel will control up to 35% of total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nippon Steel, Baosteel Pursue Joint Venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642