SAO PAULO-- Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. in Brazil says it plans to build its Frontier pickup truck and Xterra SUV here, in addition to a subcompact entry-level car -- the segment that dominates the Brazilian market with 75% of sales. Nissan does not want to be known as a factory that operates only in niches with low volumes, says Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn during an appearance here. The auto maker is aiming at a 4% market niche by 2010, although it currently has a mere 0.10% share with 1,500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan to Build Frontier, Xterra and Subcompact in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642