Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is considering building a new small car, most likely based on the Micra compact hatchback, at its Thailand plant. Published reports say the auto maker wants to strengthen its presence in the passenger car market by offering models in every segment in which chief rivals Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. compete. A Micra-based car would compete with the Honda City and Toyota Soluna. Siam Nissan Automobiles, 75%-owned by Siam Motors and 25%-owned by Nissan, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Considers Thai-Built Small Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642