BARCELONA — Renault SA and affiliate Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. will invest US$230 million in Nissan's plant here to build a Nissan version of the Renault Trafic/Opel Vivaro light commercial vehicle (LCV). Nissan's version, codename X83, will enter production in the second half of 2002, with sales following at Nissan dealerships in Europe. The company will build about 64,000 units of the LCV each year in Spain. The vehicle will be available as a van, combi, bus and chassis cab and will differ ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan gets LCV, plant investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642