DETROIT – The North American International Auto Show press preview kicks off here with the crowning of 2002’s North American Car and Truck of the Year winners. In what appeared a surprise to the large crowd of journalists, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. walks away with the North American Car of the Year honor with its all-new ’02 Altima midsize sedan. The Altima bested two other finalists, General Motors Corp.’s ’03 Cadillac CTS and the Ford Motor Co.’s ’02 Thunderbird. It is the first time a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan, GM Winners in North American Car, Truck of Year Competition" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642