SEATTLE â€“ While most auto makers continue their pursuit of ever-more advanced step-gear automatic transmissions, Nissan stays focused on continuously variable transmissions, launching new technology in the â€™12 Versa sedan. The auto makerâ€™s newest Xtronic-brand CVT, co-developed with longtime Japan-based supplier-partner Jatco, is Nissanâ€™s most compact design to date, Larry Dominique, vice president-North America product planning tells media attendees here during a â€™12 Versa sedan preview. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Launches New CVT in â€™12 Versa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642