Japan’s Automotive Energy Supply Corp. has begun full operation and expects to begin mass production of advanced lithium-ion batteries by 2009. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and NEC Corp., along with its subsidiary NEC Tokin Corp., say their joint venture, announced in April last year, will focus on the development and mass production of advanced Li-ion batteries for a wide range of automotive applications, from hybrids to electric and fuel-cell vehicles. With an initial start-up capital of ¥1.5 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan-NEC JV Ready for Li-Ion Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642