MODENA, Italy – Maserati SpA says it has no plans to offer all-wheel-drive for its ’05 Quattroporte sedan, even though the company has a technical alliance with Audi AG. Maserati won’t offer AWD or fully automatic gearbox on new Quattroporte. The auto maker also says its is not possible to offer a fully automatic transmission on the new car. That’s because the configuration of the Quattroporte’s drivetrain using a rear transaxle integral with the differential, prohibits the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No AWD or Automatic for Quattroporte" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642