General Motors Corp. will not offer Chevrolet Cavalier/Pontiac Sunfire convertibles for the '00 model year, because the Lansing, MI, facility that installs the ragtops has completed a $25 million renovation and is preparing to build Cadillac Eldorados. GM spokespeople say they are unsure if production of the compact convertibles would resume in '01. The Lansing Craft Centre also has stopped building second-generation EV1s following an initial batch build of some 500 units, though ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No More J-Body Ragtops; Shift to Eldo Begun" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642