From Oscar-winning Nicole Kidman to cuddly koala bears and boomerangs, there is appeal in all things Australian. General Motors recognizes this. And it is tapping its Australian-based Holden unit for a new performance car for the U.S. The Holden Monaro will be imported as the next Pontiac GTO for North America. And there is talk that it is but the start of a series of cooperative ventures between the two regions. Many expect the midsize Chevy TrailBlazer SUV to be shipped Down Under. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No Oscars for GTO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642