MONTEREY, CA – Mazda North American Operations is not jumping on the electrification bandwagon, preferring to further reduce vehicle weight and improve conventional powertrain components to meet looming corporate average fuel economy mandates. “Until (battery) technology can get there to meet a mass customer’s needs, and a customer in North America certainly drives further than the existing technology will allow, we don’t have the plans set in place yet” for an electric vehicle, Robert ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No Plans for EVs in Mazda Powertrain Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642