A proffered $1 million prize for the winner of a robot truck race staged by DARPA in the Mojave Desert went unclaimed in mid-March because no winner emerged. Only seven robot trucks completed the first mile in the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s Grand Challenge – a 148-mile (238-km) desert race. Race rules required the robot trucks to race across the desert without human intervention. (See related story: Autonomous Vehicles Face DARPA Torture Test) None of the robot trucks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No Winner in $1 Million Robot Truck Challenge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642