North American light-vehicle production-capacity utilization increased over last year for the second straight quarter in the April-June period and is on track for a third-straight rise during July-September. Second-quarter capacity utilization was 87.6% compared with 81.7% in like-2001. That followed first-quarter 2002’s revised rate of 79.7%, which compared favorably with first-quarter 2001’s 76.0%. Year-to-date 2002 capacity utilization through June stood at 83.7%, vs. year ago’s 78.8%. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North American Capacity Utilization Rises Second Consecutive Quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642