Even though the industry is in the midst of production cutbacks to control inventory, 2000 will end as a banner year for automakers. North American output will set a record for the second straight year — and third time in four years, with Ward's estimating output of 17.7 million cars and trucks in 2000, including 17.2 million light vehicles. (The 2000 projection will be revised next week when Ward's does its official estimate of December output.) The current records set last year are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North American Manufacturers Rack Up OT in Record Production Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642