New United Motor Manufacturing Inc.and its union workers agree to a new 4-year labor contract that gives hourly workers a bonus in 2006 equal to 3% of this year's wages, and pay increases of 2% in the third year and 3% in the fourth year, Bloomberg reports. About 80% of UAW Local 2244 members voted to accept the contract from NUMMI, a joint venture of General Motors Corp. and Toyota Motor Corp. based in Fremont, CA. The plant makes Toyota Corolla small cars and Tacoma pickups as well as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NUMMI, UAW Reach Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642