DETROIT – With dozens of auto suppliers having endured bankruptcy and hundreds of others fighting for survival in recent years, a top supplier executive says auto makers finally are accepting responsibility to cover price increases for raw materials necessary to produce components. The issue of raw-material prices has been a political powder keg and has been responsible for years of losses piling up on supplier balance sheets. Hard-nosed OEM purchasing agents, especially those ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OEMs Willing to Swallow Raw-Material Price Increases" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642