Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. sends 2,000 workers home after a weeklong strike by union employees at Huon Corp., which supplies the auto maker with weather strips for car doors and windows. A Ford spokeswoman tells reporters workers at the auto maker’s Melbourne plant currently are receiving 60% pay but will not be paid beyond Monday if the strike continues. Ford is considering sending staff home from its plant in Geelong, Victoria, as well. Huon’s three plants supply parts to Ford, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ongoing Supplier Strike Forces Layoffs at Ford Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642